Valuation check: 250 m² townhouse in Hong Kong, asking HK$9,204,000

XaviReed

Property investor
Established
The space and natural light make this look appealing, but I’m concerned the comparisons may not be measuring area consistently. It’s a 2-bed Hong Kong townhouse of roughly 250 m² in average condition, with an asking price of HK$9,204,000. The location is attractive, although the finishes are dated and local supply costs may add to any renovation budget.

I have three active listings and just one recorded sale to work from. Would you start by normalising the floor areas, then make a separate allowance for condition? I’m also wondering whether lease length or differences in outdoor space could outweigh the cosmetic work. I’ll still commission a local appraisal, but I’d like to know which details to verify first.
 
I would anchor the analysis to the completed sale and treat the three asking prices as context, not proof of value. Before choosing an adjustment percentage, confirm whether every stated area is measured on the same basis. A mismatch there could overwhelm any allowance for dated finishes. After that, lease length would be the missing fact I’d want most.
 
I’d put micro-location ahead of lease length until you know how closely the sold property matches. Two townhouses nearby can differ materially because of light, access, outlook, outdoor space or parking. I also wouldn’t apply one broad floor-area adjustment: compare like-for-like unit rates, then test separate scenarios for condition. Ask for the completed sale’s exact area basis, completion date, condition, parking, outdoor space and service charges before setting a range.
 
Back
Top