mapTheYard
Property investor
Getting the adjustment wrong on a single completed comparable could make this Delhi villa appear far more precisely valued than it really is. It is a 3-bed of about 205 m², described as average condition, with an asking price of ₹41,750,000. The light and location appeal to me, while the older finishes and potential reserve contributions do not.
I have three advertised comparisons but just one recorded transaction to anchor the analysis. Rather than applying a neat price-per-square-metre formula, would you grade the condition and floor-area differences as broad ranges? For example, a dated kitchen may justify an estimated works allowance, but it does not automatically support the same percentage adjustment as a structural issue.
I also need to establish which factor could move the value most: precise micro-location, lease length, service charges and reserves, parking, or outdoor space. This would be our first rental property, so ownership and operating costs matter as well. I will commission a local appraisal before relying on any number; for now, I’m looking for a defensible range and a practical order for checking the missing details.
I have three advertised comparisons but just one recorded transaction to anchor the analysis. Rather than applying a neat price-per-square-metre formula, would you grade the condition and floor-area differences as broad ranges? For example, a dated kitchen may justify an estimated works allowance, but it does not automatically support the same percentage adjustment as a structural issue.
I also need to establish which factor could move the value most: precise micro-location, lease length, service charges and reserves, parking, or outdoor space. This would be our first rental property, so ownership and operating costs matter as well. I will commission a local appraisal before relying on any number; for now, I’m looking for a defensible range and a practical order for checking the missing details.