The £473-per-square-foot calculation looks simple. My concern is whether the evidence supports applying it to a 2,260 sq ft apartment.
This is a 4-bed Manchester property asking £1,069,000 and appears to be in average condition. Light and location are appealing, while the finishes are dated. I have three current listings but only one recorded transaction, and that sale may differ in size, building position or included rights.
Before making a condition adjustment, I want to confirm the sold unit’s floor area, lease term, service charges, parking and any outdoor space. For example, a much smaller apartment may achieve a higher rate per square foot without justifying the same rate across all 2,260 sq ft here. Which difference would you investigate first, and how would you grade the condition without counting refurbishment costs twice? My base case assumes no appreciation.
This is a 4-bed Manchester property asking £1,069,000 and appears to be in average condition. Light and location are appealing, while the finishes are dated. I have three current listings but only one recorded transaction, and that sale may differ in size, building position or included rights.
Before making a condition adjustment, I want to confirm the sold unit’s floor area, lease term, service charges, parking and any outdoor space. For example, a much smaller apartment may achieve a higher rate per square foot without justifying the same rate across all 2,260 sq ft here. Which difference would you investigate first, and how would you grade the condition without counting refurbishment costs twice? My base case assumes no appreciation.