A closer look at the villa has raised a new issue: the stated 180 m² may not be directly comparable with the areas used for the other properties. It is a 3-bed in Zurich, in average condition, with an asking price of CHF 1,135,000. The light is appealing, while the finishes look dated and vacancy-related costs may matter.
I have one recorded sale to work from and three current listings. How would you adjust once the area definitions and condition are checked, without letting sellers’ prices set the answer? I’m also wondering which unknown—micro-location, tenure or lease terms, outdoor space, parking, or major work—could move the estimate most before a local appraisal.
I have one recorded sale to work from and three current listings. How would you adjust once the area definitions and condition are checked, without letting sellers’ prices set the answer? I’m also wondering which unknown—micro-location, tenure or lease terms, outdoor space, parking, or major work—could move the estimate most before a local appraisal.