Valuation check: 130 m² detached home in Lisbon, asking €1,086,000 - am I overthinking this? (3 bed)

brick.brisk

Property investor
€1,086,000 is the number making me hesitate over this Lisbon detached home. It has three bedrooms, about 130 m² and an average level of finish. The light is appealing, but the interior is dated, and I have not yet established why service charges may apply to a detached property.

There is only one completed transaction in my comparison set. Three other properties provide current seller expectations, but not evidence of what buyers accepted. Would you put more weight on pricing the required work, or on adjusting the sold home for floor area?

The precise micro-location may be the biggest unknown, although parking and outdoor space could also make a €/m² comparison unreliable. I’ll verify the sold property’s completion date, measurement basis and proximity before arranging a local appraisal.
 
I wouldn’t apply a blanket condition percentage from that evidence. Price the dated work separately, then compare the completed sale only after confirming both homes use the same floor-area measurement basis. For a detached house, outdoor space and parking can also make a simple €/m² comparison misleading. My biggest missing fact is the precise micro-location of that completed comparable.
 
Why are lease length and service charges in play for a detached home? Is it within a managed development, or is there some other shared arrangement? The amount, what it covers, and whether it is recurring could materially affect the comparison. I’d also want the completion date of the sole sold comparable; three current asking prices mainly show seller expectations.
 
Micro-location matters, but I’d put outdoor space and parking at least alongside it. Two 130 m² homes on nearby streets can still differ substantially if one has useful private exterior space or parking and the other does not.

I’d build a small table covering sale date, exact location, measured area, condition, parking, outdoor space and charges. Leave unsupported adjustments blank rather than forcing percentages. Then get renovation estimates and clarification of the tenure and service-charge arrangement before deciding what the completed sale really tells you.
 
Back
Top