Valuation check: 120 m² detached home in Milan at €372,600

otis_saves

Property investor
I’d like the light and location to justify pursuing this Milan home, but I’m struggling to price the parts that cannot be fixed later. It is a 2-bed detached property of about 120 m², in average condition, with an asking price of €372,600. The finishes look dated, and the full transaction cost is not yet clear.

There are three relevant listings but only one confirmed sale, so I do not want seller expectations to drive the estimate or assume future appreciation. Would you grade the condition against each comparable and cost the work separately, or make a broader allowance? I also need to establish whether there are any service charges, along with the exact micro-location, parking and outdoor-space position. Which of those would make you reconsider the price most sharply?
 
The asking price works out at €3,105 per m², but I wouldn’t apply a broad Milan rate to a detached home. Use the completed sale as an anchor only if its date, immediate surroundings and property type are genuinely comparable. For condition, I’d estimate the necessary work rather than apply an arbitrary percentage. Exact micro-location is the missing fact most likely to change my view.
 
I’d be cautious about anchoring to the lone completed sale. One transaction can mislead if it has better parking, outdoor space or a more efficient layout, even when the floor area is similar. I’d grade each comparable separately for condition and amenities, then see whether the three asking prices support the same general range. Does this home have dedicated parking or usable private outdoor space?
 
Make a simple comparison table with sale status, distance, floor area, condition, parking and outdoor space. Keep transaction costs outside the property valuation so you can see both the estimated value and total acquisition cost clearly. Also confirm the ownership arrangement and whether any lease term or service charges apply; if they do not, remove those issues from the analysis. Then give the completed sale more or less weight according to how closely it matches.
 
Back
Top