Valuation check: 1,450 sq ft townhouse in Birmingham at £179,400

readsAndBirch

Real estate agent
If £179,400 is too high, the weak evidence behind the valuation could leave me paying for features the townhouse does not really have. It is a five-bedroom Birmingham property of about 1,450 sq ft in average condition, with good natural light and location but dated finishes and uncertain insurance, maintenance and service-charge costs.

I have three active listings for comparison and only one completed sale. Rather than apply a broad percentage, I am considering grading each property for condition and then adjusting for floor area, parking and outdoor space. Does that make sense, or would the precise micro-location outweigh those differences?

I am also trying to verify the lease length and service-charge history before putting much weight on the asking price. Which of those documents or facts would you obtain first? I will still seek a local appraisal before relying on the result.
 
Back
Top