Using Daft from Dubai for an Amsterdam condo search

ellis_deals

Real estate agent
Searching from Dubai makes an old advert or unreliable alert more than a minor annoyance, because arranging the next step around Amsterdam takes time. I have been using Daft to look for a condo, and there is plenty to browse, but the same property can appear repeatedly, availability is not always current, and floor areas are presented unevenly.

The site is easy to access, though I still struggle to judge when a listing was last verified and what response to expect after making contact. How dependable are the mobile filters, map locations and saved-search alerts in practice? A visible price history or better duplicate control would also make remote comparisons much easier.
 
I would treat the portal as a discovery tool rather than the final record. Build your own shortlist using the address, asking price, stated floor area and date first seen. That makes duplicates and unexplained changes easier to spot. From Dubai, the contact stage matters even more: does the advertiser confirm availability and the next step, or merely send an automatic acknowledgement?
 
Are the apparent duplicates identical, or do they have different agents, prices or floor-area figures? That distinction matters. A repeated property may be annoying, but conflicting versions can also reveal that the underlying information needs verification. I’d also check whether the map pin points to the actual building or only the general neighbourhood before comparing location value.
 
I’m not convinced that manually tracking every listing is practical, especially if alerts generate a large shortlist. The portal should make freshness clearer itself. A visible update date, useful price history and links to sold records would reduce guesswork far more than a spreadsheet. Until then, I’d keep alerts narrow on mobile—area, price and minimum floor area—then verify details only for serious candidates.
 
The inconsistent floor-area field would be my priority over duplicate control. Two entries can be merged mentally; unlike-for-like area figures can distort the whole price comparison. Sofia, when advertisers reply, ask them to confirm the measurement shown, current availability, exact location and viewing process in one message. Record the response time as well. That should quickly show whether the main problem is portal data or what happens after the enquiry is handed off.
 
Back
Top