Toronto waterfront listings: is 106 days a stale-stock effect?

orla.north

Homeowner
I’m looking at Toronto homes near the water priced from C$1,247,000 to C$1,871,000. The active listings suggest roughly 106 days to find a buyer, with many outliers appearing to have higher service charges. Does that match recent completed sales, or is the figure being distorted by older listings that remain online? I’m also wondering how much neighbourhood boundaries and property condition are affecting this small sample.
 
Active stock probably makes the market look slower than it is: successful listings disappear, while stale ones accumulate. Withdrawn properties are missing too, so 106 days cannot be treated as a clean selling-time figure. I’d compare recent sales with withdrawn and relisted homes, keeping the original listing date where possible. Are your service-charge outliers otherwise comparable in size and condition?
 
Completed sales alone may not answer what changed this month because they reflect decisions and financing arranged earlier. I’d group properties by the week they first appeared, then track sold, active, withdrawn and price-cut outcomes. New-listing volume and the timing of reductions could matter as much as service charges. Seller motivation is another unknown: an ambitious seller willing to wait can skew the active sample without showing weaker buyer demand.
 
Back
Top