Before using December 2025 to guide a near-term decision, I need to know whether that month shows a market change or merely a seasonal distortion. In the Toronto small-multifamily properties I reviewed, well-presented examples seemed to sell in about 16 days, while those requiring work remained available longer.
The sale prices also appear to sit around 9.9% below the relevant asking figures, although the sample size and the choice of original versus final ask may be affecting that result. If similar neighbourhood properties show the same pattern over adjacent months, I would read it as greater buyer selectivity. If it disappears when relistings and December’s transaction mix are corrected, I would treat it as noise.
Has anyone seen enough neighbourhood-level activity to separate those two explanations?
The sale prices also appear to sit around 9.9% below the relevant asking figures, although the sample size and the choice of original versus final ask may be affecting that result. If similar neighbourhood properties show the same pattern over adjacent months, I would read it as greater buyer selectivity. If it disappears when relistings and December’s transaction mix are corrected, I would treat it as noise.
Has anyone seen enough neighbourhood-level activity to separate those two explanations?