Toronto listings: headline numbers versus the street-level picture

kai_trades

First-time buyer
Established
I have checked a group of Toronto listings priced from C$232,200 to C$348,300, mostly new-build flats, but it is still unclear whether they form a meaningful local sample. The typical listing has been visible for 69 days, although that could indicate negotiable sellers or simply very different neighbourhood conditions.

The next step seems to be separating continuously marketed homes from withdrawn and relisted stock. I would also like to compare recent completed deals, incoming listing volume and the dates of any reductions. Are the slower properties clustering within particular neighbourhood boundaries, or are seller motivation and readiness for occupation doing more to explain the difference?
 
Before drawing much from the 69 days, how tightly have you set the neighbourhood boundaries? Two listings in the same broad search area may face quite different competition. I’d also separate genuinely continuous listings from withdrawn and relisted units, then compare them with completed sales rather than asking prices. For new builds, condition and readiness for occupation could also make superficially similar flats behave differently.
 
I wouldn’t assume supply is the main explanation yet. Buyer financing and seller motivation can create the same quick-versus-stale split, especially within a relatively narrow price bracket.

I’d make a small table for each listing: exact neighbourhood, first appearance, withdrawals or relistings, price-cut dates, condition, and whether a comparable sale actually completed. If the slow listings cluster geographically after that, the local-supply theory becomes much stronger.
 
Back
Top