Adding a C$1,073,000 Toronto duplex to my calculations has raised a question about how the estimate should be divided. I can identify the obvious purchase and registration items, but one bundled legal figure would not show which notary or lawyer work, title arrangements and later obligations are included.
What should a licensed local professional quote as separate lines—for example, amounts payable at closing, annual property charges and fees triggered by a future transfer? I also want to explain whether I will occupy a unit or rent both, my residency position and the proposed ownership structure, so the advice can address capital-gains treatment and inheritance planning before title is settled.
What should a licensed local professional quote as separate lines—for example, amounts payable at closing, annual property charges and fees triggered by a future transfer? I also want to explain whether I will occupy a unit or rent both, my residency position and the proposed ownership structure, so the advice can address capital-gains treatment and inheritance planning before title is settled.