echo.strong
Property investor
Using C$681,800 alone makes the return look attractive, while adding every possible allowance risks rejecting the property on guesses. Neither approach feels reliable for this Toronto 1-bed villa, where expected rent is C$3,866 a month and the headline gross yield is about 6.8%.
I have included vacant periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a reserve for larger work. The figures I still need to replace with evidence are the all-in purchase cost, insurance, achievable rent and any recurring building charge. I also want to test the financing at a less favourable renewal rate. Which quote or record would you obtain first, and how would you decide whether the return still compensates for those risks?
I have included vacant periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a reserve for larger work. The figures I still need to replace with evidence are the all-in purchase cost, insurance, achievable rent and any recurring building charge. I also want to test the financing at a less favourable renewal rate. Which quote or record would you obtain first, and how would you decide whether the return still compensates for those risks?