I want a predictable monthly payment on a Tokyo purchase of roughly ¥126,200,000, but the quote does not make the trade-off easy to judge. It offers 4.13% for a two-year fixed period, while the fees and applicable loan-to-value band make the headline figure a poor guide on its own.
My instinct is to compare the payments and all lender charges over 24 months, together with the balance still outstanding at that point, rather than rely on APR alone. Is that the right basis if I may refinance after the fix? I also need to check the lender’s illustration for the post-fix rate, portability conditions and early-repayment charges, as any of those could outweigh a small difference in the initial payment.
My instinct is to compare the payments and all lender charges over 24 months, together with the balance still outstanding at that point, rather than rely on APR alone. Is that the right basis if I may refinance after the fix? I also need to check the lender’s illustration for the post-fix rate, portability conditions and early-repayment charges, as any of those could outweigh a small difference in the initial payment.