Tokyo listing photography quotes: what should actually be included?

sailsAndQuill

Buyer
Established
I’m comparing Tokyo services described as “listing photography” for an apartment around ¥157,600,000, but the scopes barely resemble one another. Some appear to include negotiation and document coordination, while others end with photos and an introduction.

Duplicate listings and stale availability already waste more of my time than weak search filters, so I’m reluctant to pay without clear accountability. What should a buyer or owner reasonably expect regarding response times, itemised fees, local knowledge and support from offer through closing? I’d particularly value a practical Japan-specific way to compare the quotes rather than a sales pitch.
 
First separate photography from brokerage or transaction support. A photography quote should specify the rooms and common areas covered, editing, delivery format, turnaround, usage rights, revisions and extra charges. Negotiation and closing coordination belong in a separate written scope, even if one company bundles them.

For each quote, ask who updates availability, who answers after an offer is submitted, and whether responsibility ends at introduction. If those answers are vague, the broad package name is doing too much work.
 
One missing fact: are you the owner commissioning marketing, or a buyer paying for a search or introduction service? The expected work and the cash risk are quite different.

I’d also ask for the promised response times in writing. “Prompt support” is meaningless; you need to know what happens if the named contact is unavailable, and which messages, fee changes and document versions will be retained.
 
I’m looking at it primarily from the buyer side, although the photography label is what first exposed the inconsistent scopes. My concern is paying for a polished introduction and then discovering that nobody owns the process between an offer and closing.

I’ll request two separate price lines: media/listing work and transaction coordination. I’ll also ask for the handoff point, named contact, expected reply window, cancellation terms and a sample sequence of documents—not confidential client files.
 
That is sensible, but I would not assume the most comprehensive bundle is automatically best. At this price, unclear or duplicated fees can matter more than whether one provider handles every step.

Compare the written scope against independent evidence: current availability confirmed through the relevant listing contact, the property details and costs supplied for the apartment, and the draft terms before committing funds. If a provider will not define its response deadline or substitute contact, keep a fallback route through another Tokyo agent or coordinator. Japan-specific contract and fee questions should be confirmed with an appropriately qualified local professional.
 
Back
Top