The immediate constraint is the cash remaining after completion: roughly ¥1,224,000. That would be after the deposit and estimated closing costs on a 5-bed Tokyo townhouse priced near ¥81,860,000.
I do not want to commit that balance to furniture or cosmetic work and then discover that the first mortgage payment, moving costs, service charges or an urgent repair were missed. Furniture can wait; a failed essential cannot. How much would you keep untouched, and which handover expenses should I confirm before deciding? The school catchment is important, but not enough to justify leaving no room for surprises.
I do not want to commit that balance to furniture or cosmetic work and then discover that the first mortgage payment, moving costs, service charges or an urgent repair were missed. Furniture can wait; a failed essential cannot. How much would you keep untouched, and which handover expenses should I confirm before deciding? The school catchment is important, but not enough to justify leaving no room for surprises.