aisha_chase
Real estate agent
The detail that changed my view was that only one of the four comparables is a completed transaction. The other three are asking prices, so they may say more about seller expectations than the likely value of this Tokyo villa.
The property is a five-bedroom home of roughly 175 m², described as average condition and offered at ¥114,800,000. Its light and location appeal to me, but the finishes appear dated and the acquisition costs matter. Should I use floor area first and then assign every comparable a consistent condition grade, or keep the likely renovation spend as a separate deduction? I can see the answer branching sharply depending on whether the land is owned or leased, so I also plan to confirm the tenure, remaining lease term if relevant, and the extent of the outdoor space before obtaining a local appraisal.
The property is a five-bedroom home of roughly 175 m², described as average condition and offered at ¥114,800,000. Its light and location appeal to me, but the finishes appear dated and the acquisition costs matter. Should I use floor area first and then assign every comparable a consistent condition grade, or keep the likely renovation spend as a separate deduction? I can see the answer branching sharply depending on whether the land is owned or leased, so I also plan to confirm the tenure, remaining lease term if relevant, and the extent of the outdoor space before obtaining a local appraisal.