The price may be workable. The amount left afterward is what makes me hesitate.
I am looking at a 1-bed country home around Seoul for roughly ₩752,100,000. My estimate leaves about ₩19,320,000 once the deposit and closing expenses have been paid. The inspection is lengthy and alarming on first reading, although the property appears fundamentally sound and much of the work may be normal first-year maintenance.
I am trying to stage the decision rather than commit the whole balance at once. My first priorities would be moving costs, the initial mortgage instalment and any repair needed to prevent damage or address safety. I would then need reserves for essential living expenses, possible service charges and the insurance excess, with furniture coming later where possible. How much of this depends on obtaining firm repair quotes before proceeding?
I am looking at a 1-bed country home around Seoul for roughly ₩752,100,000. My estimate leaves about ₩19,320,000 once the deposit and closing expenses have been paid. The inspection is lengthy and alarming on first reading, although the property appears fundamentally sound and much of the work may be normal first-year maintenance.
I am trying to stage the decision rather than commit the whole balance at once. My first priorities would be moving costs, the initial mortgage instalment and any repair needed to prevent damage or address safety. I would then need reserves for essential living expenses, possible service charges and the insurance excess, with furniture coming later where possible. How much of this depends on obtaining firm repair quotes before proceeding?