Any concession has to be acceptable to the lender and leave enough usable money for the work. That is the practical constraint on this 165 m² Berlin apartment, where the inspection identified manageable items estimated at about €11,040 against a price near €1,118,000.
The owner is willing to have the defects fixed, but contractor selection and supervision matter to me. Should I seek a completion credit, if the financing permits one, or accept a price reduction that may not provide cash for repairs? I also want the inspection protection and deposit position preserved while we negotiate. A split arrangement might work if the seller handles only anything required before completion and I take responsibility for the rest.
The owner is willing to have the defects fixed, but contractor selection and supervision matter to me. Should I seek a completion credit, if the financing permits one, or accept a price reduction that may not provide cash for repairs? I also want the inspection protection and deposit position preserved while we negotiate. A split arrangement might work if the seller handles only anything required before completion and I take responsibility for the rest.