I have checked the basic purchase and rental figures, but the operator deductions and ownership costs are still unclear. The property is a 3-bed serviced apartment in Sydney priced at A$1,125,000, with projected rent of A$5,335 a month. That is A$64,020 a year, or roughly 5.7% gross before acquisition costs.
Vacant periods and ordinary repairs are manageable in my figures. What concerns me is how quickly the return could shrink after management charges, strata, insurance, council rates, possible land tax and serviced-apartment expenses such as furniture replacement.
Before taking the projection seriously, what statement or agreement should I request to establish whether A$5,335 is owner income, operator rent or gross guest revenue? I’m trying to work back to realistic net cash flow rather than choose a required yield from the headline number.
Vacant periods and ordinary repairs are manageable in my figures. What concerns me is how quickly the return could shrink after management charges, strata, insurance, council rates, possible land tax and serviced-apartment expenses such as furniture replacement.
Before taking the projection seriously, what statement or agreement should I request to establish whether A$5,335 is owner income, operator rent or gross guest revenue? I’m trying to work back to realistic net cash flow rather than choose a required yield from the headline number.