The preliminary total has now reached SAR 665,400, which raises a more useful question than whether to add a flat contingency rate. How much of the uncertainty can be defined before contractors quote?
This is a 195 m² student-housing renovation in Riyadh. The planned work includes the kitchen and washrooms, new floor finishes, painting, inspection of the electrical system and some energy improvements; there is no extension. Hidden moisture, inaccessible pipework, electrical faults and permit timing could all affect sequencing, while decorative items could be deferred if necessary.
Which surveys, existing drawings or access checks should I obtain first? I also want bidders to separate firm prices from allowances and state what they have excluded, so the reserve reflects identifiable risks rather than a convenient percentage.
This is a 195 m² student-housing renovation in Riyadh. The planned work includes the kitchen and washrooms, new floor finishes, painting, inspection of the electrical system and some energy improvements; there is no extension. Hidden moisture, inaccessible pipework, electrical faults and permit timing could all affect sequencing, while decorative items could be deferred if necessary.
Which surveys, existing drawings or access checks should I obtain first? I also want bidders to separate firm prices from allowances and state what they have excluded, so the reserve reflects identifiable risks rather than a convenient percentage.