SEK 197,600 sounds like a useful cushion, but I am concerned it could disappear quickly once the purchase completes. The property is a 5-bed condo in Stockholm priced at about SEK 2,236,000, and that is the amount I expect to retain after paying the deposit and purchase costs.
The inspection still needs to show which jobs are genuinely urgent. There will also be moving expenses, the first service-charge and mortgage payments, and enough cash to cover the insurance excess if something happens. Furniture can be delayed, although some basic items will be needed.
Would you protect one large reserve and pay those costs from the remainder, or assign provisional limits now? I am comfortable leaving rooms unfinished if that makes the first year less financially tight.
The inspection still needs to show which jobs are genuinely urgent. There will also be moving expenses, the first service-charge and mortgage payments, and enough cash to cover the insurance excess if something happens. Furniture can be delayed, although some basic items will be needed.
Would you protect one large reserve and pay those costs from the remainder, or assign provisional limits now? I am comfortable leaving rooms unfinished if that makes the first year less financially tight.