Freezing the rent seems fair to a dependable tenant, but regular small increases may be kinder than allowing a large gap to build. The property currently brings in $952, while the comparable figure I have is about $1,107. The tenant is reliable, flags problems promptly and keeps the place in good order.
I am weighing that stability against the long-term rent difference. Even one empty month plus advertising and preparation could erase much of the extra income. Would you leave the rent alone, introduce a modest scheduled rise, or review it alongside future improvements? I will check the local notice requirements before doing anything.
I am weighing that stability against the long-term rent difference. Even one empty month plus advertising and preparation could erase much of the extra income. Would you leave the rent alone, introduce a modest scheduled rise, or review it alongside future improvements? I will check the local notice requirements before doing anything.