At €312,800, the purchase costs and ownership structure could determine whether this small multifamily near Barcelona still makes sense. My checklist already covers transfer tax, notary work, legal help and registration, but annual property charges and any restrictions linked to how the building is held are less clear.
Before choosing an ownership route, I plan to ask a licensed local adviser about residency implications, treatment of gains on a later sale and inheritance planning. If the structure creates extra obligations or limits, I need to price those in; if it does not, the decision comes back to the recurring costs.
For those who have bought in Spain, what valid charge or responsibility was missing from the first estimate? More useful still, what exact question should I put to the local legal and tax advisers to identify it early?
Before choosing an ownership route, I plan to ask a licensed local adviser about residency implications, treatment of gains on a later sale and inheritance planning. If the structure creates extra obligations or limits, I need to price those in; if it does not, the decision comes back to the recurring costs.
For those who have bought in Spain, what valid charge or responsibility was missing from the first estimate? More useful still, what exact question should I put to the local legal and tax advisers to identify it early?