LocalGrain
Property investor
The common explanation seems to be that demand is moving Singapore studio prices, but I’m hesitant to accept that without separating condition and transaction costs. I’m following listings from S$702,200 to S$1,053,000; the snapshot indicates 7.4% movement and about 45 days of marketing, while the apparent discounts vary considerably between updated units and those needing work.
My suspicion is that fees and the buyer’s total acquisition budget explain part of the difference, although I do not yet have enough completed sales to distinguish that from weaker demand. Is the same pattern visible in your area? It would help to give the neighbourhood and property type, plus the initial asking price, any reduction date and the eventual completed price rather than another current asking figure.
My suspicion is that fees and the buyer’s total acquisition budget explain part of the difference, although I do not yet have enough completed sales to distinguish that from weaker demand. Is the same pattern visible in your area? It would help to give the neighbourhood and property type, plus the initial asking price, any reduction date and the eventual completed price rather than another current asking figure.