Inspection on a 215 m² studio in Singapore identified several genuine but manageable issues, with estimates totalling about S$17,420. The seller has offered to arrange the work. I would rather choose and supervise the contractors, so I am weighing a credit at completion against a straight price reduction.
A credit seems more useful for paying contractors, but I am checking whether the lender limits concessions or changes the financing calculation. A lower price may be cleaner, though it would not necessarily leave cash available for repairs.
How would you structure the request, and what proof would you want behind the estimates? Please distinguish Singapore legal or contractual requirements—which I will confirm with the conveyancing lawyer and lender—from personal tolerance for unfinished work and contractor risk.
A credit seems more useful for paying contractors, but I am checking whether the lender limits concessions or changes the financing calculation. A lower price may be cleaner, though it would not necessarily leave cash available for repairs.
How would you structure the request, and what proof would you want behind the estimates? Please distinguish Singapore legal or contractual requirements—which I will confirm with the conveyancing lawyer and lender—from personal tolerance for unfinished work and contractor risk.