Singapore duplexes: is 51 days a real signal or active-listing bias?

amara_vale

Buyer
Established
I’m looking at Singapore duplexes priced from S$1,463,000 to S$2,195,000. The listings still online suggest roughly 51 days to find a buyer, with most outliers apparently linked to maintenance. Is that consistent with recent completed deals, or is the active stock distorting the picture? New-listing volume looks higher, but there still aren’t many properties I would actually buy.
 
Active listings can skew the result because the attractive, correctly priced homes disappear while stale and withdrawn stock remains visible. I’d separate completed sales, withdrawals and still-active listings, then note when each seller first cut the price. Otherwise 51 days may describe the leftovers more than the typical duplex.
 
One more issue: how tightly are you drawing the neighbourhood boundaries? Combining nearby areas can make a small duplex sample look larger while mixing very different buyer pools. I’d also distinguish maintenance-related condition problems from other reasons a listing lingered.
 
I wouldn’t dismiss the 51-day figure entirely. Even an active-listing measure can show that buyers are resisting some of the current stock. But it cannot tell you whether financing constraints, property condition or an unmotivated seller caused the delay. Track the next completed deals individually: original ask, first reduction date, final price, condition and whether the listing vanished without a sale. That should reveal whether this is a broader shift or just a few stubborn listings.
 
Back
Top