Several small repair requests from a reliable Warsaw tenant—group them or investigate?

kian_roofs

Landlord
Established
Several small requests over a few months are now costing enough in separate visits that I need a better rule. The tenant in my Warsaw condo is dependable with rent, and none of the reported issues sounds unreasonable, so I do not want to become unresponsive simply to reduce call-out costs.

Would you combine unrelated, non-urgent jobs into a scheduled visit, change contractor, or investigate whether repeated symptoms point to one plumbing defect? I’m particularly concerned that grouping work may look efficient while allowing moisture or pipe trouble to worsen. Examples from comparable condo management would be useful.
 
Start a simple log showing the date, room, symptom, contractor’s finding and repair. If several requests involve water, drainage, pressure or the same wall, I would pay for one broader investigation rather than keep authorising isolated fixes. Unrelated cosmetic items can usually be grouped, provided they are genuinely non-urgent and the tenant agrees on timing.
 
What were the actual requests, and were any repeats after a repair? A dripping tap, slow drain and damp patch could be connected; a loose handle and failed light fitting probably are not. Also check whether the condo association is responsible for any shared pipework before arranging work yourself.
 
I’d be cautious about focusing too heavily on call-out costs. Prompt reporting can prevent a cheap problem becoming an expensive one, and a tenant who pays reliably may be worth retaining when you consider vacancy time and turnover costs.

That said, responsive does not have to mean same-day attendance for everything. Acknowledge each report, classify urgency, send basic questions or request photos, then offer a scheduled maintenance visit for the minor items. Check the lease and current Warsaw/Polish requirements before delaying access or deciding whether anything could properly involve the deposit.
 
Agreed on separating urgency from convenience, but I wouldn’t bring market rent or the deposit into routine repair handling unless there is evidence of tenant-caused damage. The cleaner next step is to ask one contractor to assess the recurring plumbing symptoms as a whole and give written notes, while batching unrelated jobs. That should show whether there is a pattern without making the tenant feel discouraged from reporting problems.
 
Back
Top