LuckyCedar
Property investor
Keeping the full design risks squeezing the reserve, while cutting it now could remove things that prove affordable once the house is opened up. I am working with a preliminary IDR 5,950,000,000 budget for a 150 m² country home renovation in Jakarta.
The planned work includes kitchens and bathrooms, floors, decoration, electrical inspection and some energy improvements. There is no extension, although existing structural defects would still need attention. Before fixing the scope, what level of contingency would you hold for moisture, hidden services and remedial work? I would also like bidders to identify exclusions, sequencing assumptions and materials with long lead times.
The planned work includes kitchens and bathrooms, floors, decoration, electrical inspection and some energy improvements. There is no extension, although existing structural defects would still need attention. Before fixing the scope, what level of contingency would you hold for moisture, hidden services and remedial work? I would also like bidders to identify exclusions, sequencing assumptions and materials with long lead times.