Seeking an off-market new-build flat in Montreal under C$270,000

bakesAndGarden

Homeowner
Established
I’m looking for a two-bedroom new-build flat in Montreal, ideally around 1,450 sq ft, with a maximum budget of C$270,000. It must be habitable from the start, although I’m comfortable making gradual improvements.

Clear ownership, documented local charges and a verifiable explanation for the asking price are essential. Owners or authorized representatives may send a short summary first, including floor-area basis, tenure, condition and confirmation of their authority to offer it. I’ll only pursue properties whose basic documents and costs can be checked.
 
At that size and budget, you may need to decide which requirement has priority: new-build status, 1,450 sq ft, or location within Montreal. Also, is the 1,450 sq ft figure meant to be interior living area, or would you accept a figure that includes other space? That distinction could materially change what people send you.
 
I would ask respondents to separate recurring local charges from one-off costs and to state what is included in the asking price. For a representative, “authorized” should mean they can provide evidence of the owner’s authority before you spend time discussing terms. A basic floor plan would also help you determine whether the stated area and two-bedroom layout match.
 
I’m not convinced quiet-market exposure will overcome the tension Hana identified. Off-market does not automatically mean discounted, and an asking-price rationale can still be weak even when the ownership paperwork is clear. Your willingness to improve the condition may be more useful if you relax “new-build,” but that would change the property type you’re seeking.
 
A practical first pass could request only six items: exact Montreal location, asking price, year/status of construction, floor plan with the area measurement explained, tenure and recurring charges, plus the sender’s relationship to the owner. Reject incomplete summaries before requesting fuller documents. That keeps private submissions manageable without lowering your verification standard.
 
Back
Top