amara_tools
Property investor
I’m torn between adding a broad contingency now and spending more upfront to define the work properly. The first provides a cushion, but the second may expose risks that a percentage allowance cannot sensibly cover. The preliminary budget is C$383,700 for a 910 sq ft detached Vancouver home, without an extension.
The scope includes updates to the kitchen, bathrooms, floors and paint, plus electrical assessment and some energy-efficiency work. What should the contractor be required to state about electrical work, plumbing access, moisture, wall opening and reinstatement, and excluded items? I’d also appreciate views on how much reserve to retain before those investigations are complete and how permit timing should appear in the schedule.
The scope includes updates to the kitchen, bathrooms, floors and paint, plus electrical assessment and some energy-efficiency work. What should the contractor be required to state about electrical work, plumbing access, moisture, wall opening and reinstatement, and excluded items? I’d also appreciate views on how much reserve to retain before those investigations are complete and how permit timing should appear in the schedule.