buildTheMoss
Property investor
The surprise was not the finish prices but how many different exclusions appeared once I compared the quotes. I am reviewing a preliminary budget of $74,420 for work to 430 sq ft in a small multifamily property in New York. The intended scope includes the kitchen and bathrooms, new flooring and paint, electrical investigation and modest energy improvements; no extension is proposed.
Before treating that figure as reliable, I need to understand sequencing, concealed conditions and costs that contractors have left outside their totals. What contingency would be reasonable at this stage? I would also like a specific list of checks for a surveyor or contractor, particularly around the electrical scope, access, material lead times and responsibility for making good after investigative work.
Before treating that figure as reliable, I need to understand sequencing, concealed conditions and costs that contractors have left outside their totals. What contingency would be reasonable at this stage? I would also like a specific list of checks for a surveyor or contractor, particularly around the electrical scope, access, material lead times and responsibility for making good after investigative work.