cyclesAndSignal
First-time buyer
The 38-day figure looks useful, but I am not convinced it represents genuine time on market. My São Paulo sample consists mainly of townhouses asking between R$5,645,000 and R$8,467,000, and completed prices are much harder to trace than advertised ones.
Transaction costs may affect negotiations, although condition, exact street and seller expectations seem more likely to explain why similar homes move at different speeds. Before approaching several sellers, which facts would you request first: the original listing date, price-cut history, recent completed sales, financing issues or repair needs? I could then make an offer only where those answers support it and continue watching the rest.
Transaction costs may affect negotiations, although condition, exact street and seller expectations seem more likely to explain why similar homes move at different speeds. Before approaching several sellers, which facts would you request first: the original listing date, price-cut history, recent completed sales, financing issues or repair needs? I could then make an offer only where those answers support it and continue watching the rest.