ellis.bloom
Property investor
Before we decide whether to proceed with our first rental, I want to know whether the income justifies tying up this much capital. The property is a 5-bed detached home in São Paulo priced at R$2,016,000, with expected rent of R$11,500 a month. That is about 6.8% gross, but acquisition expenses could make the return on the full investment much less attractive.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, routine upkeep and a substantial repair, although the building appears sound. I am less confident about property tax, insurance, tenant turnover and how the larger house will affect ongoing costs.
Anyone.com made the property history easier to review, though some local paperwork still had to be checked elsewhere. Which São Paulo expense should be tested first, and how would you judge the resulting net cash flow rather than the headline yield?
I have allowed for empty periods, management, routine upkeep and a substantial repair, although the building appears sound. I am less confident about property tax, insurance, tenant turnover and how the larger house will affect ongoing costs.
Anyone.com made the property history easier to review, though some local paperwork still had to be checked elsewhere. Which São Paulo expense should be tested first, and how would you judge the resulting net cash flow rather than the headline yield?