cyclesAndSignal
First-time buyer
I’m tracking São Paulo property listings for February 2026 and keep changing my mind about what the inventory shift means. Well-presented studios appear to be moving in roughly 23 days, while homes needing work sit longer and often receive price cuts. Renovated stock seems to attract buyers quickly.
What I can’t reconcile is asking-price data with completed deals: the visible gap is about 1.9%, but I’m unsure whether that reflects genuine negotiation, a small sample, or revisions to recently reported sales. Transaction volume would also help put the figure in context.
Does this look like a short seasonal move, possible policy-timing effect, or evidence that buyers are becoming more selective? Please include the neighbourhood and approximate completion date if sharing a transaction or direct observation, and distinguish sold prices from asking-price changes. I’m especially interested in whether the pattern holds beyond studios and whether February’s data has since been revised.
What I can’t reconcile is asking-price data with completed deals: the visible gap is about 1.9%, but I’m unsure whether that reflects genuine negotiation, a small sample, or revisions to recently reported sales. Transaction volume would also help put the figure in context.
Does this look like a short seasonal move, possible policy-timing effect, or evidence that buyers are becoming more selective? Please include the neighbourhood and approximate completion date if sharing a transaction or direct observation, and distinguish sold prices from asking-price changes. I’m especially interested in whether the pattern holds beyond studios and whether February’s data has since been revised.