S$917,900 duplex sale: which agent fee buys the right support?

gate.strong

Real estate agent
Established
Choosing the wrong proposal could save money upfront but leave me handling slow replies or a poorly managed offer when timing matters. I have three agents pitching to sell a Singapore duplex valued at about S$917,900, and their totals cannot be compared from the headline fees alone.

Some services are bundled; others appear later as add-ons. I want to establish the fee basis, who responds to buyers, how prospects are qualified, who presents competing offers and what happens if an agreed sale collapses. It also matters whether the person making the pitch will actually manage the file.

Would you ask each agent to price the same likely scenario in writing, then compare response time and process? I am interested in what has genuinely justified paying more—or made the leaner proposal the better choice.
 
I’d turn each proposal into the same written checklist and calculate the fee on the same basis, including every likely extra. Then ask for the named contact at each stage and who covers when that person is unavailable. Photography matters, but weak buyer qualification or slow offer handling can cost more than the saving. Also ask exactly what support continues if an agreed deal falls through.
 
I wouldn’t assume the longest service list represents the best value. Some items may be routine tasks dressed up as extras, while a lean proposal could still be effective. The missing fact is how each fee is calculated and when the add-ons become payable.

Give all three agents the same scenario: two offers arrive close together, one buyer appears stronger but offers less. Ask how they would qualify both buyers, present the trade-off, disclose any conflict and document your instructions. Their answers—and response times—should make the differences much clearer.
 
Back
Top