The purchase decision comes first, and only then can I work out what can be bought for the move. This one-bedroom Bengaluru townhouse is about ₹105,200,000, which should leave roughly ₹3,507,000 after the deposit and closing costs.
I do not want to treat that balance as spare cash. An inspection may reveal work needed soon after completion, while moving costs, service charges, the first loan instalment and the insurance excess all have to be covered before furniture.
Would it be better to reserve the known costs and urgent inspection items, then test what remains against several months of essential spending? That seems more realistic than choosing an emergency-fund figure in isolation. Most furniture can wait, though I would still need to budget for a few basics on moving day.
I do not want to treat that balance as spare cash. An inspection may reveal work needed soon after completion, while moving costs, service charges, the first loan instalment and the insurance excess all have to be covered before furniture.
Would it be better to reserve the known costs and urgent inspection items, then test what remains against several months of essential spending? That seems more realistic than choosing an emergency-fund figure in isolation. Most furniture can wait, though I would still need to budget for a few basics on moving day.