Rotterdam villas: is 18 days really the current pace?

I’m looking at Rotterdam villas listed between €677,100 and €1,016,000. My current sample suggests roughly 18 days to find a buyer, with most outliers apparently linked to building reserves. Before I read too much into that, should I focus more on recent completed sales? I’m concerned that listings still online are distorting the picture, especially if withdrawn stock and price cuts are being missed.
 
Completed deals should be the stronger comparison, but only if the neighbourhood boundaries, condition and original asking-price period match your active sample. Eighteen days can otherwise hide two very different groups: correctly priced homes moving quickly and ambitious listings cutting later. I’d separate completed, withdrawn and still-active properties, then compare days to the first price reduction rather than treating them as one pool.
 
I’d also question whether “this month” is long enough to show a real change. How many new villas entered that price band during the period? A small increase in fresh listings could make the online sample look younger without buyers moving any faster. Seller motivation and financing conditions may also affect accepted offers in ways the listing dates won’t reveal. Track the same set for another few weeks and note condition, neighbourhood and every status change.
 
Back
Top