Rotterdam market check: +8.2% movement and 28 days on market

nico_compares

First-time buyer
A few more Rotterdam listings have entered my search, which has made the wait-or-bid decision less clear rather than easier. I am tracking coastal properties priced from €220,800 to €331,200. The snapshot reports 8.2% movement and roughly 28 days on market, although I still need to establish exactly what period and area that percentage covers.

Condition seems to divide the choices into two groups. If a property is well maintained and its ongoing charges are reasonable, waiting for a reduction may achieve little. If it needs work or carries high service charges, I would rather hold back and compare it with recent completed sales before bidding.

Are service charges driving much of the price spread, or are condition and optimistic initial pricing more important? Please mention the neighbourhood and whether the comparison is an apartment, house or another property type, especially if the area is Hoek van Holland rather than central Rotterdam.
 
For apartments, service charges can certainly change what a buyer can afford each month, but I wouldn’t separate them from condition. A lower-priced flat with substantial charges and looming maintenance is a different proposition from a renovated one with predictable costs. Compare apartments with apartments inside one neighbourhood rather than mixing them with houses across Rotterdam.
 
What does the 8.2% refer to, and over what period? Also, by coastal Rotterdam do you mean Hoek van Holland? That boundary matters because it should not be treated as interchangeable with central Rotterdam.

I’d also be cautious with the 28-day figure. Active listings alone miss withdrawn or relisted stock, while negotiated discounts are better assessed from recent completed sales.
 
I’m not convinced service charges are the main driver without a tighter comparison. A Delfshaven apartment and a Hoek van Holland house could differ because of property type, condition, buyer financing and seller motivation before charges even enter the picture.

I’d group the saved listings by neighbourhood and property type, then note listing date, first price cut, condition, service charge and whether the property was withdrawn or completed. That should show whether reductions cluster around a particular time or mainly around homes needing work.
 
Back
Top