One option is to move the rent towards current advertisements; the other is to place more weight on keeping a dependable tenant. For this Rome townhouse, similar homes are being advertised around €3,632, while the existing rent is about €2,925. The tenant pays on time and takes care of the property.
I do not want to treat the full gap as automatically recoverable, but leaving it untouched indefinitely also seems hard to justify. How would you establish a fair step up using genuine comparables, the lease terms and the required notice? I also want any discussion about the rent and deposit handling to be clear enough that it does not damage the relationship.
I do not want to treat the full gap as automatically recoverable, but leaving it untouched indefinitely also seems hard to justify. How would you establish a fair step up using genuine comparables, the lease terms and the required notice? I also want any discussion about the rent and deposit handling to be clear enough that it does not damage the relationship.