A small August 2025 update has raised a larger question. In the narrow Rome segment I’m following, small multifamily asking prices range from €603,500 to €905,300, while the advertised properties have been on the market for about 53 days.
The listings appear to divide more by energy performance than the broad monthly figures suggest, but the sample is too limited for me to call that a shift. I’m considering tracking when price reductions occur, how many comparable properties enter or leave the market, and whether buyer financing affects particular buildings.
Would those checks be enough to distinguish a changing market from differences between individual properties, or is there another comparison that should come first?
The listings appear to divide more by energy performance than the broad monthly figures suggest, but the sample is too limited for me to call that a shift. I’m considering tracking when price reductions occur, how many comparable properties enter or leave the market, and whether buyer financing affects particular buildings.
Would those checks be enough to distinguish a changing market from differences between individual properties, or is there another comparison that should come first?