Rome listings: does lease length really explain the 106-day divide?

travelsAndGrove

Property investor
Established
I’m sense-checking a Rome sample priced from €489,400 to €734,200. Most are coastal homes, and the typical listing has remained visible for 106 days.

My working theory is that lease length separates the faster-moving properties from the stale stock, but I may be giving it too much weight. Has anyone seen recent completed sales that support this, or are condition, neighbourhood boundaries and seller motivation more important?
 
I wouldn’t lead with lease length until you separate genuinely available homes from withdrawn and relisted stock. Is the 106 days measured from the first appearance, or only the current listing? Also, “Rome” is too broad if most of your sample is coastal. Divide it into smaller neighbourhood groups and compare similar-condition properties.
 
Even after cleaning up relistings, days visible can mislead. A broad price bracket may contain turnkey homes and properties needing substantial work, aimed at buyers with very different financing constraints. I’d want to know when price cuts occur and whether fresh listings at comparable prices are replacing the older ones. Completed prices matter more than asking prices here.
 
A practical next step: make one line per property showing neighbourhood, condition, first asking price, latest price, date of any reduction, withdrawal or relisting, and anything stated about the lease. Then mark which sellers appear flexible and which have left the price untouched. That should reveal whether lease length is actually driving the split or merely coincides with condition and seller motivation.
 
Back
Top