I’m comparing a 40 m² studio with a similarly priced serviced apartment in Rome. The studio appears easier to maintain, while the serviced option may offer more operational control but also more exposure to irregular costs.
I’m modelling lease length, insurance, energy use, vacancy and resale liquidity. What I cannot yet judge is how much management workload and shared-building expenditure emerge after the first year. The serviced-apartment listing is also labelled “3 bed,” which seems inconsistent enough that I need clarification before relying on it.
What would you put on a practical comparison checklist? I suspect the answer changes considerably depending on how the serviced property is held and managed.
I’m modelling lease length, insurance, energy use, vacancy and resale liquidity. What I cannot yet judge is how much management workload and shared-building expenditure emerge after the first year. The serviced-apartment listing is also labelled “3 bed,” which seems inconsistent enough that I need clarification before relying on it.
What would you put on a practical comparison checklist? I suspect the answer changes considerably depending on how the serviced property is held and managed.