Riyadh villas: is 111 days a real selling period or an active-listing bias?

alba_finance

Buyer
Established
I’m tracking Riyadh villas listed between SAR 4,125,000 and SAR 6,188,000, and my current sample suggests roughly 111 days to find a buyer. The longer-running outliers mostly appear to have maintenance or condition issues.

I’m unsure whether the sample is distorted by properties that remain online while sold or withdrawn stock disappears. What would you compare first: recent completed sales, new-listing volume, or the timing of price cuts?
 
Start with completed sales if you can match them closely, but tighten the neighbourhood boundaries first. Riyadh-wide villas in that price band may differ too much in location and condition for 111 days to mean much. I’d also separate listings that sold from those withdrawn or repeatedly relisted; otherwise the visible stock can make the market look slower than it is.
 
I wouldn’t assume maintenance explains most of the outliers yet. A well-presented villa can still sit if the seller is holding firm, while a property needing work may move after an early cut. Add the date and size of each price reduction, plus whether buyer financing may have delayed a deal. Then compare similar completed sales with unchanged listings and withdrawals; that should show whether 111 days reflects demand or seller motivation.
 
Back
Top