The purchase price is manageable. My specific concern is that higher building insurance and reserve payments have made the monthly ownership cost far less attractive than it first appeared.
For this Lisbon apartment, should I assess affordability using today’s charges indefinitely, or model some easing once the building’s position improves? I also need to understand the policy exclusions, my exposure if the shared cover is insufficient, and whether the reserve increase reflects planned work or an ongoing shortfall.
A townhouse would give me more direct responsibility for repairs and insurance, but also more control. I would be interested in comparisons that include energy use and the time involved in managing irregular maintenance, rather than comparing association fees alone.
For this Lisbon apartment, should I assess affordability using today’s charges indefinitely, or model some easing once the building’s position improves? I also need to understand the policy exclusions, my exposure if the shared cover is insufficient, and whether the reserve increase reflects planned work or an ongoing shortfall.
A townhouse would give me more direct responsibility for repairs and insurance, but also more control. I would be interested in comparisons that include energy use and the time involved in managing irregular maintenance, rather than comparing association fees alone.