Rio small multifamily: is the -5.9% movement really about transaction fees?

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
There are more listings in Rio, just not many I would actually buy. I’m deciding whether to bid now or wait for better stock.

I’m tracking small multifamily properties priced from R$3,741,000 to R$5,611,000. The local snapshot shows a -5.9% movement and roughly 95 days on market, although negotiated discounts vary sharply with condition.

My working theory is that transaction fees explain more of the spread than headline demand does. Does that fit what others are seeing in Brazil? Please be specific about neighbourhood and property type, and distinguish completed sales from asking-price cuts if possible.
 
I’m not convinced by the fee explanation. If the negotiated discount changes mainly with condition, that suggests buyers are pricing the property-specific work and uncertainty, while fees affect the whole range more broadly.

Are your -5.9% figure and 95 days based on completed small-multifamily sales, or current listings? The answer matters more than the extra listing volume.
 
The neighbourhood boundaries may be hiding the pattern. Are you grouping several Rio neighbourhoods together, or comparing properties within the same one? Also, does 95 days include withdrawn listings that later return? If not, repeated withdrawals could make the visible marketing period look shorter than the seller’s actual attempt to sell.
 
I’d build a small comparison sheet before deciding: exact neighbourhood, building condition, original and latest asking price, first price-cut date, whether the listing was withdrawn, financing suitability, and any sign of seller urgency. Then separate completed transactions from active stock.

That should show whether cuts cluster after a particular period or around weaker-condition buildings. Until then, attributing the spread to transaction fees seems premature.
 
Back
Top