Rio condos in November 2025: more choice, but is the market actually changing?

yuki_north

Property investor
Established
If I mistake extra inventory for a genuine market shift, I could either move too quickly or wait for price cuts that never arrive. In November 2025 I tracked a narrow set of Rio de Janeiro condos between R$4,458,000 and R$6,686,000 rather than using the citywide average. Their marketing period is about 103 days.

There are more listings, but many are ruled out by condition or maintenance concerns. I am also unsure how much buyer financing is affecting demand. Would you next separate fresh listings from older stock and watch whether reductions lead to completed sales, or is 103 days still too little evidence to read much into this?
 
I would treat it as property-level variation for now. More listings and 103 days of marketing do not establish a shift if the extra stock consists mainly of poorly maintained units or ambitious asking prices. Recent completed sales would be much more persuasive than active listings, particularly if reductions are translating into deals.
 
How narrow is your geography? Two condos in the same price range can appeal to quite different buyers if they sit in different neighbourhoods or even on opposite edges of your chosen boundary. I would also separate newly listed properties from units that have been withdrawn and later returned. Otherwise the apparent increase in choice may be partly recycled stock.
 
I’m not convinced completed sales alone will settle it. In this price bracket, buyer financing and seller motivation can affect timing without saying much about the desirability of the property. A motivated seller with a well-kept unit may transact quickly, while another can wait at the original price. Track when the first price cut occurs, not only the final sale.
 
The 103-day figure needs a little unpacking too. Is that the time for currently marketed condos, or for properties that actually completed a sale? Active stock naturally leaves the stubborn listings in the sample. I’d compare new-listing volume, withdrawals and price-cut timing month by month before calling this an early market change.
 
Diego’s point about motivation is fair, but it is also why Hana’s condition notes could be useful. I’d make a simple table for each condo: neighbourhood, first asking price, date listed, visible condition, maintenance burden, reduction date, withdrawal or completed sale. After a few cycles, it should become clearer whether maintained units are moving differently or merely being priced more realistically.
 
At this stage, “more choice but little worth buying” sounds more like a quality mismatch than a broad turn. The stronger signal would be several well-maintained condos within the same neighbourhood boundaries lingering, cutting prices and then completing below earlier expectations. If only compromised or unmotivated listings reach 103 days, the market itself may not have changed much.
 
Back
Top