Rio 1-bed at R$2,296,000 with R$10,180 monthly rent — does the yield hold up?

blueprint.solid

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
I can either focus on whether the R$2,296,000 price is defensible or start with the income risks. The second approach seems more useful, because a new-build 1-bed producing R$10,180 a month shows about 5.3% gross before several owner costs arrive.

I have included an ordinary vacancy allowance, management, ongoing upkeep and a reserve for a substantial repair. What I cannot judge confidently is the Rio-specific burden from property tax, building charges, insurance and tenant changes, particularly when the flat is empty. Purchase costs may also make the return on total cash invested weaker than the headline calculation.

Which assumption would you challenge first, and what level of net cash flow would compensate you for the concentration and liquidity risk?
 
The gross calculation works, but 5.3% leaves limited room for several deductions to land at once. I’d first clarify whether R$10,180 is a realistic long-term rent and whether any building charges are included in that figure or fall on the owner during vacancies. Add property tax, insurance and transaction costs to the model using the full acquisition cost, not only R$2,296,000.

Also stress-test a longer vacancy plus turnover maintenance in the same year. Is this cash-funded or financed? Financing sensitivity could matter more than fine-tuning the repair reserve.
 
Back
Top