The main constraint is how little room there is for error at a 3.1% gross yield. The property is a five-bedroom condo in Lima priced at PEN 2,719,000, with projected rent of PEN 6,950 a month.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger future repair, but this is our first rental and I may be missing an owner cost. Insurance, condo charges, special assessments and tenant turnover are the areas I am least certain about. Changes affecting rentals add another layer of uncertainty even though the building itself appears to be in sound condition.
The rent estimate may be the weakest assumption, particularly if a five-bedroom unit attracts a narrower tenant pool. Would you first verify it against signed comparable rentals, or price a longer vacancy and higher turnover costs into the model? What would you need the net return to show before proceeding?
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger future repair, but this is our first rental and I may be missing an owner cost. Insurance, condo charges, special assessments and tenant turnover are the areas I am least certain about. Changes affecting rentals add another layer of uncertainty even though the building itself appears to be in sound condition.
The rent estimate may be the weakest assumption, particularly if a five-bedroom unit attracts a narrower tenant pool. Would you first verify it against signed comparable rentals, or price a longer vacancy and higher turnover costs into the model? What would you need the net return to show before proceeding?