Rental deal in Bangkok: THB 11,880,000 purchase, THB 56,980/month — sanity check (2 bed)

alba_plans

Landlord
The numbers only work if the rent survives a fairly cautious set of assumptions. The property is a two-bedroom Bangkok condo priced at THB 11,880,000, with expected rent of THB 56,980 a month. That produces a gross headline yield of about 5.8%.

I have allowed for vacancy, management, ordinary upkeep and occasional larger repairs, but financing costs and insurance could still move the result considerably. Energy use may matter too, depending on whether the owner or tenant pays it.

Before choosing a target net yield, I want to verify whether THB 56,980 reflects an achieved comparable rent and obtain the building’s current charges and reserve information. What other bill or document would you insist on seeing before deciding whether the margin is adequate?
 
I would scrutinise building-level charges before focusing on energy use: recurring common-area fees, sinking-fund contributions and the possibility of larger owner assessments. Also model tenant turnover as more than vacancy alone—marketing, management or leasing costs, cleaning and furnishing replacement can arrive together. Is THB 56,980 an achieved rent for a comparable unit, or an asking figure?
 
I’m not sure a single target net yield is useful yet. Financing sensitivity could dominate the difference between a decent and weak deal, while a cash purchase has a different risk profile. I’d run the model with lower rent, a longer vacancy, higher management cost and one unpleasant repair in the same year. Then add insurance and applicable property tax separately rather than hiding them in maintenance. Also clarify whether the tenant or owner bears the energy cost.
 
Back
Top